The Colonial Garden Club of Hollis awards an annual scholarship of $1,000 to a graduating high school senior based on the following:
The candidate must be accepted at an accredited university, college or community college.
- The scholarship is available for students majoring in: Agriculture, Floriculture, Horticulture, Landscape Design, Conservation, Forestry, City Planning, Environmental Studies, Land Management, Botany or Biology.
- Applicants related to a garden club member may also apply for the scholarship and must also meet requirement of college major.
- The scholarship will be awarded by the Club’s Scholarship Committee after evaluating all applications. Applications must include:
- Full name and address.
- Copy of high school transcript.
- College or university accepted to and planning to attend.
- List of clubs, activities, athletics and volunteer work.
- 250 word essay outlining how the candidate hopes to apply their future skills/abilities or future college/career goals in an effective and responsible manner to impact their community for the better.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation.
- If related to a garden club member, please state the name of the member and relationship to the member.
Application deadline April 1st. Applications should be submitted to:
Hollis/Brookline students should submit to their guidance department; others
Colonial Garden Club of Hollis
PO Box 1001
Hollis, NH 03049